Our community shops offer a wide range of mostly pre-loved furniture, clothes and household goods. However, more than just retail spaces they are the entry point for people seeking support from one of the many services that Mustard Tree offers. You will be working alongside our Participants who are ‘learning on the job’, so we are looking for people who can help them to develop their customer service and communication skills.
What will you gain from volunteering at Mustard Tree?
- Join our friendly, supportive community.
- Help to change lives and make a difference.
- Gain valuable experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Gain an insight into working within the not-for-profit sector.
What will you be doing?
- Welcoming and advising clients and customers.
- Signposting clients towards further support, both within Mustard Tree and with partner organisations.
- Serving customers at the till and handling money.
- Ensuring goods are well displayed.
- Supporting Freedom Project Participants/Volunteers in improving their customer service skills and retail experience.
- Assisting with delivery of till training, and customer service training and development.
- Directing compliments and complaints as appropriate.
- Assisting with moving furniture short distances.
- Liaising with other staff and volunteers regarding furniture deliveries.
What are we looking for?
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good customer service skills||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Basic numeracy skills||Essential|
|Able to partake in some lifting and shifting||Desirable|
|Background in customer-facing roles, retail and/or merchandising||Desirable|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
What is the time commitment?
Are looking for volunteers to help at the following times:
Tuesdays – 1-5pm
Every other Saturday
How will you be supported?
You will be overseen by the Eccles branch manager, and additionally supported by the wider team with any issues or questions that arise. The Volunteer and Community Coordinator is also available to support you as you volunteer with us.
We are able to cover travel expenses, and will be able to claim back agreed lunch expenses.
- Application received and references are requested
- Applicant is invited in for a chat with the Volunteer and Community Coordinator
- Applicant is invited to attend a volunteer introduction session, and a trial shift
- If all goes well for both the team and the applicant, you’re ready to go!