Help to support and facilitate beginners guitar workshops for Freedom Project volunteers, enabling them to explore new talents and achieve creative goals within a supportive community.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Help to facilitate beginners guitar workshops.
- Provide support to Freedom Project Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- To participate in exhibitions of Mustard Tree participants/Freedom Project Volunteers’ and guests’ work as needed.
- Complete activity sheets for every session and report back to the Creative and Volunteering Manager.
- Help to keep the creative programmes areas clean and organised.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good communication with staff, volunteers and guests||Essential|
|A passion for music and supporting others as they develop their own passion and skills||Essential|
|Able to provide structure to sessions, while also being able to work flexibly according to group needs||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Competent guitar player||Essential|
|Experience in teaching basic guitar||Desirable|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
We require volunteers who are able to commit to Tuesday mornings weekly.
- Application received and references are requested
- Applicant is invited in for a chat with the Volunteer and Community Coordinator
- Applicant is invited to attend a volunteer introduction session, and a trial shift
- If all goes well for both the team and the applicant, you’re ready to go!