VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Role Title:||Song Club Support|
|Responsible to:||Creative Projects Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||3 hours per week (13:30 – 16:30 each Friday)|
Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
To support the facilitation of song club for Freedom Project volunteers, enabling them to explore new talents and achieve creative goals within a supportive community.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Support the facilitator in song club, including preparing song sheets and planning tracks to sing along to.
- Provide accompaniment (guitar, piano or keyboard) for songs.
- Provide support to Freedom Project Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- To participate in performances and events of Mustard Tree participants/Freedom Project Volunteers’ and guests’ work as needed.
- Ensure the creative programmes areas clean and organised.
- Research and organise events alongside Creative Programmes coordinator.
- C omplete or help complete provided project plans with clear outcomes for each session and report back to the Creative Projects Coordinator.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good communication with staff, volunteers and guests||Essential|
|A passion for music and supporting others as they develop their own passion and skills||Essential|
|Able to provide structure to sessions, while also being able to work flexibly according to group needs||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Enjoys a good singalong – you don’t need to be a perfect singer||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Ability to play guitar or piano as an accompaniment to singers||Desirable|
|Confident in facilitating a class for a large group of people (15 – 25)||Desirable|
If this sounds like you, please get in touch using our Friend Of MT Application Form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can find out a bit more about you, your skills, and interests.