|Role Title:||Conversational English Lead Facilitator|
|Responsible to:||Activities and Volunteering Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||10 – 11:30am, every Friday|
Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
To lead the delivery of our Conversational English Club, enabling our Freedom volunteers and visitors to practice their English language skills within an informal and supportive environment.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- To lead and facilitate conversational practice workshops to groups with mixed abilities and interests on a weekly basis.
- Work with Volunteering Coordinator to develop activities that encourage learners to use a wide variety of language functions.
- Work with Volunteering Coordinator to develop beginner, intermediate and advanced ‘conversation starter’ work sheets to cater for the range of abilities within the class.
- Work alongside and support Corporate Volunteers who will at least be attending once a month.
- Encourage learners to engage with each other rather than simply relying on conversations with yourself or volunteers supporting the class.
- Provide support to Freedom Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- Identify where volunteers/participants may benefit from additional support and feed this back to the Volunteering Coordinator.
- Responsible for signing attendees in and out of the class.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project participants/volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good time management and competent administration skills with the ability to multi-task||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Essential|
|Experience delivering English Language or ESOL classes||Desirable|
To apply, please complete the application form provided.
If you would like to know more about the role or have any queries regarding volunteering, please contact the Activities and Volunteering Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org