FRIEND OF MUSTARD TREE
ROLE DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
To help facilitate the running of Friday Food, where guests who may be experiencing homelessness can get a hot three-course meal, practical items like hats, gloves, sleeping bags, and are able to access signposting information for further support.
|Role Title:||Friday Food Volunteer|
|Responsible to:||Activities and Volunteering Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||5pm-8pm Friday evenings (once a month)|
Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
Please note that this in an unpaid role.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Providing support to Friday Food Leaders in facilitating the event.
- Interacting with guests, making them feel welcome and identifying where they may need further support.
- Signposting guests towards further support, both within Mustard Tree and with partner organisations.
- Serving food and drinks to guests.
- Assisting with the set-up and set-down involved, including any washing up and cleaning required.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project participants/volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good customer service skills||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
If this sounds like you, please get in touch using our Friend Of MT Application Form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can find out a bit more about you, your skills, and interests.