|Role Title:||ESOL Support|
|Responsible to:||Activities and Volunteering Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||Tuesday 11am – 1pm|
Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
To support the delivery of our ESOL class, enabling our Freedom volunteers and visitors to develop English Language skills, at both a beginner and intermediate level, within a structured and supportive environment.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- To support the facilitator in ESOL classes with groups with mixed abilities on a weekly basis for 8 weeks at a time.
- To work within the course framework provided by the Lead Facilitator.
- Encourage learners to engage with each other rather than simply relying on conversations with yourself or volunteers supporting the class.
- Provide support to Freedom Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- Identify where volunteers/participants may benefit from additional support and feed this to either the Lead Facilitator or Volunteering Coordinator.
- Assist Lead Facilitator in signing attendees in and out of the class.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project participants/volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good time management and competent administration skills with the ability to multi-task||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Experience delivering English Language or ESOL classes||Desirable|
To apply, please complete the application form provided.
If you would like to know more about the role or have any queries regarding volunteering, please contact the Activities and Volunteering Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org