|Role Title:||Textiles Support|
|Responsible to:||Activities and Volunteering Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||Wednesday 10am – 1pm|
Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless, or are at risk of becoming homeless.
To support and facilitate textiles lessons and workshops for Freedom Project volunteers, enabling them to explore new talents and achieve creative goals within a supportive community.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Helping to facilitate art groups with mixed abilities and interests.
- To develop textiles projects as agreed with the Creative Projects Coordinator and other creative support friends.
- Providing support to Freedom Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- To participate in performances and exhibitions of Freedom Volunteers’ and guests’ work as needed.
- Complete activity sheets for every session and report back to the Creative Projects Coordinator.
- Help to keep the art studio clean and organised, and maintain the textiles equipment.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good communication with staff, volunteers and guests||Essential|
|A passion for textiles and supporting others as they develop their own passion and skills||Essential|
|Able to plan and provide structure to sessions, while also being able to work flexibly according to group needs||Essential|
|Textiles background and experience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
If this sounds like you, please get in touch using our Friend Of MT Application Form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can find out a bit more about you, your skills, and interests.