To lead the delivery of creative writing workshops for Freedom Project volunteers, enabling them to explore new talents and achieve creative goals within a supportive community.
|Role Title:||Creative Writing Lead Facilitator|
|Responsible to:||Activities and Volunteering Coordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||Thursdays 10am -12pm|
Mustard Tree aims to combat poverty and create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless, or are at risk of becoming homeless.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- To lead and facilitate creative writing workshops with mixed abilities and interests.
- To develop weekly lesson plans and provide a framework to allow attendees to progress throughout the term.
- To develop creative writing projects as agreed with the Creative and Volunteering Manager.
- Provide support to Freedom Project Volunteers and guests as they learn new skills.
- To participate in exhibitions of Freedom Project Volunteers’ and guests’ work as needed.
- Work with the Volunteering Coordinator to delegate tasks to volunteers in supporting roles.
- Responsible for signing people in and out of the class and returning sign in sheets to the Activities and Volunteering Coordinator.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good communication with staff, volunteers and guests||Essential|
|A passion for writing and supporting others as they develop their own passion and skills||Essential|
|Able to plan and provide structure to sessions, while also being able to work flexibly according to group needs||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Essential|
|Creative writing qualification or background||Desirable|
If this sounds like the role for you, please get in touch using our Friend Of MT Application Form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can find out a bit more about you, your skills, and interests.