To help facilitate the running of our community shop, enabling clients and visitors to purchase affordable, pre-loved furniture, clothing and household items and access the help they need. Please note that is this an unpaid volunteer role.
|Role Title:||Retail Volunteer / Friend Of Mustard Tree|
|Responsible to:||Salford Retail Co-ordinator|
|Volunteering hours:||Minimum 4 hours per week during opening hours|
Mustard tree is one of Greater Manchester’s most loved and respected charities and is currently experiencing an exciting time of change and growth. The charity works to create life transforming opportunities for people who are homeless, or are at risk of becoming homeless. Our retail operation in Salford provides food, clothing and furniture and is also the front-line of our organisation, offering welcome, hope and possibility to combat poverty and prevent homelessness
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Welcoming and advising clients and customers.
- Signposting clients towards further support, both within Mustard Tree and with partner organisations.
- Serving customers at the till and handling money.
- Ensuring goods are well displayed.
- Supporting Freedom Project Participants/Volunteers in improving their customer service skills and retail experience.
- Assisting with delivery of till training, and customer service training and development.
- Directing compliments and complaints as appropriate.
- Assisting with moving furniture short distances.
- Liaising with other staff and volunteers regarding furniture deliveries.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard values and represent the charity as required
- Support Freedom Project participants/volunteers and service users to feel part of the community
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good customer service skills||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Basic numeracy skills||Essential|
|Able to partake in some lifting and shifting||Desirable|
|Background in customer-facing roles, retail and/or merchandising||Desirable|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|