Could you help by volunteering as a Driver’s Mate, supporting the delivery of food and furniture to individuals and families across Greater Manchester?
Help facilitate the delivery and collection of furniture and food and support the running of Mustard Tree’s warehouse.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Supporting our driving team with collecting donations and making deliveries of furniture and white goods
- Loading and unloading the van, working within manual handling guidlines
- Working with the warehouse, delivery and helpdesk team to co-ordinate deliveries and collections
- Supporting the warehouse team with accepting onsite donations
- Assisting with calls to clients awaiting deliveries and collections
- Working alongside the Drivers and Driver Mentors, map reading, route planning and providing general support
- Liaising with staff and volunteers
- Attending team briefings
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree’s values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Enjoys working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds||Essential|
|Good customer service skills, kind and non-judgemental approach||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience in working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Background in customer-facing roles, retail and/warehouse delivery||Desirable|
The minimum commitment for this volunteering opportunity is at least one days per week, Monday to Friday, for 10 weeks.
Hours: 9:00am to 4:00pm with plenty of breaks and lunch included.