Could you help by volunteering as a Driver, delivering food parcels to individuals and families across Greater Manchester?
Help facilitate the delivery and support the running of Mustard Tree’s emergency food parcel service.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Driving a Mustard Tree van, delivering food parcels to individuals and families across Greater Manchester
- Loading and unloading the van, working within manual handling guidelines
- Working with the warehouse, delivery and helpdesk teams to co-ordinate deliveries
- Supporting the warehouse team with accepting donations
- Assisting with calls to clients awaiting food deliveries
- Liaising with staff and volunteers
- Attending team briefings
General Volunteer Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree’s values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|You must have a clean driving licence and be over 25 years old with at least 3 years driving experience. This is for our insurance, meaning we can unfortunately only accept people who fit these criteria.||Essential|
|Enjoy working and building relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds.||Essential|
|Possess good customer service skills, adopting a kind, non-judgemental approach.||Essential|
|Have a flexible, can-do attitude, encouraging others to work towards our vision and within our values.||Essential|
|Good English language skills, both written and verbal.||Essential|
|Background in customer facing roles, retail or warehouse work.||Desirable|
|Experience in working with people who are vulnerable.||Desirable|
The minimum commitment for this volunteering opportunity is at least one day per week, Monday to Friday, for 10 weeks.
Hours: 9:00am to 4:00pm with plenty of breaks and lunch provided.