Can you support Mustard tree’s Community Shop, providing quality customer service and support alongside our staff and Freedom Volunteers?
Help run our furniture, clothing and bric-a-brac offer in our Ancoats Community Shop.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Supporting Freedom Volunteers in improving their customer service skills and retail experience
- Interacting with clients and customers in a dignified, patient, and empathetic matter
- Working alongside staff and volunteers to provide a quality customer service experience
- Working the till and handing money
- Welcoming and advising clients and customers
- Signposting clients towards further support within Mustard Tree
- Supporting in the display of goods and the general presentation of the shop
- Supporting the warehouse team in making deliveries & accepting donations
- Liaising with staff and volunteers across Mustard Tree, to support the team whenever necessary
- Attending team briefings
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree’s policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard tree’s values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Experience of working in a team||Essential|
|Good customer service skills, possessing empathy and patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Customer service or retail experience||Desirable|
The minimum commitment for this volunteering opportunity is at least one day a week, Monday to Saturday, for at least 10 weeks.
Hours: 8:30am to 2:30pm with plenty of breaks and lunch included.