Can you support Mustard Tree’s Job Cub, helping people build CVs, apply for jobs & prep for interviews?
Support people in gaining work & application experience, getting on career ladders, and reaching their full potential.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Aid the class lead facilitator in setting up and carrying out activities
- Interact with people in a dignified, empathetic manner
- Provide comprehensive support to participants around job searching, CV & cover letter writing, applications, and interview training
- Support Job Club participants with opening bank accounts, booking appointments and applying for benefits
- Give ad-hoc budgeting and career advice, as well as basic computer skills training
- Where necessary, provide in depth 1-2-1 support
- Understand the need for participants to be able to do things for themselves, rather than doing it for them
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Experience of working in a team||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills, possessing empathy and patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Experience with tutoring, supporting, or leading a workshop||Desirable|
|A background in or passion for CV writing, job applications and employability training||Desirable|
Two hours a week, Tuesday mornings, for a minimum of 10 weeks.
Hours: 9:45am to 12:00pm with lunch provided afterwards.