Can you lead and fuel conversations, creating an informal, inviting opportunity for people to chat and practice their English in a safe online space?
Help Mustard Tree provide a platform for people to improve their English and build towards qualifications in an open and supportive environment.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Help plan and deliver sessions and workshops to groups with mixed abilities and interests on a weekly basis
- Support the lead facilitator in developing activities that promote and encourage participants to use a range of language functions
- Create and maintain a comfortable, casual atmosphere where participants are encouraged to confidently speak up, chat and engage with each other
- Be able to set up and run Zoom sessions
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard tree values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Experience of working in a team||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills, possessing empathy and patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Experience with tutoring, supporting, or leading a workshop||Desirable|
An hour and a half a week, Friday mornings, for 10 weeks.
Hours : 10:45am to 12:15pm with lunch provided afterwards.