Can you support Mustard Tree’s Art Clubs, helping people discover new talents, achieve creative goals, and reach their artistic potential within a supportive community?
Help run one of our Art Clubs, encouraging growth and promoting self-expression.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Provide support to Freedom Project Volunteers and members of the public as they take part in the class
- Interact with people in a dignified, empathetic manner
- Encouraging participants to feel part of the community
- Aid the class lead facilitator in setting up and carrying out activities
- Work with the Volunteering Coordinator and the Creative Programmes Manager to deliver a comprehensive, encouraging experience
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the art suite during the session, helping keep Mustard Tree COVID secure
- Potentially support the exhibition of the participants work, once the course has concluded
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Experience of working in a team||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills, possessing empathy and patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Experience with tutoring, supporting, or leading a workshop||Desirable|
|A background in or passion for art, design & textiles||Desirable|
Potential to support one of our 4 Art Club sessions across the week. Please check our website for our timetable, or contact Mustard tree for a full breakdown of classes and needs.
Hours: 9:45am to 12:15pm with lunch provided afterwards.