Can you support Mustard Tree’s Creative Writing Class, helping people explore new talents and achieve creative goals within a supportive community?
Help facilitate creative writing workshops, encourage growth and promoting self-expression.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Provide support to Freedom Project Volunteers and members of the public as they take part in the class
- Interact with people in a dignified, empathetic manner
- Encourage participants to feel part of the community
- Aid the class lead facilitator in setting up and carrying out activities
- Work with the Volunteering Coordinator and Creative Programmes Manger to deliver a comprehensive, encouraging experience
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the art suite during the session, helping keep Mustard Tree COVID secure
- Potentially support the exhibition of the participants work, once the course has concluded
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Great English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Experience of working in a team||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills, possessing empathy and patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Experience with tutoring, supporting, or leading a workshop||Desirable|
An hour and a half a week, Wednesday afternoons, for 10 weeks.
Hours: 11:45am to 1:15pm with lunch provided afterwards.
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please submit an online Friend Of Mustard Tree application form.
If you have any queries, please call 0161 228 7331.