Can you support the running of Mustard Tree’s Food Club, working with customers to build up dignified, varied food parcels?
Support our staff and fellow Friends Of in our Ancoats Food Club, helping people choose items, and building the parcel up with them.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Chatting with Mustard Tree’s customers, interacting in a dignified, patient, empathetic way, maintaining high levels of customer service
- Working with customers to build up Food Parcels, informing them about food & drink options and restrictions
- Maintaining the high standard of cleanliness and sanitation of the Food Club
- Working with the Kitchen Team and operation leads to keep the Food Club fully stocked, and meet people’s specific dietary needs
- Working with the Community Shop and Support teams to ensure the Food Club runs smoothly, incidents are resolved, and customers socially distance wherever possible
- Liaising with staff and volunteers across Mustard Tree, to support the team whenever necessary
- Attending team briefings
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard tree’s policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree’s values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Experience of working in a team||Essential|
|Good customer service skills, possessing empathy and patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Customer service or retail experience||Desirable|
The minimum commitment for this volunteering opportunity is at least one day per week, Monday to Saturday for at least 10 weeks.
Hours: 8:30am until 2:30pm with plenty of breaks and lunch included.