Can you support the running of Mustard Tree’s Reception, providing toiletries, clothing, provisions, and further front-line support?
Support Mustard Tree staff and fellow volunteers with the running of reception, and the services we provide.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Running the reception storeroom; managing Mustard Tree’s inventory of toiletries, clothing, footwear, sleeping bags, rucksacks, and further provisions
- Building up toiletry, clothing, and provision packages to meet people’s specific needs
- Engaging with people accessing support services in a friendly, empathetic, and dignified manner
- Following the lead of reception and support staff, with a flexible approach
- Helping people make phone calls, look up information and explain Mustard Tree’s offer
- Using Microsoft Excel to update KPIs, manage inventory and record donated items
- Liaising with staff and volunteers across Mustard Tree, to support the team whenever necessary
- Attending team briefings
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree’s policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard tree’s values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Experience of working in a team||Essential|
|Good customer service skills, possessing empathy and patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Customer service or reception experience||Desirable|
The minimum commitment for this volunteering opportunity is at least one day a week, Monday to Saturday, for at least 10 weeks.
Hours: 8:30am to 2:30pm with plenty of breaks and lunch included.