Can you help run Mustard Tree’s Community Shop in Ancoats, supporting our ‘welcome’ offer, interacting with and solving problems for a wide range of people?
Help run our Community Shop, Food Club and support the mentoring of Freedom Trainees.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Supporting the training of our retail Freedom Trainees, helping them improve their English, confidence, customer service skills and retail experience
- Welcoming, advising and being happy to chat with customers
- Working the till, handling money
- Organising stock, accepting & sorting donations
- Jumping in the Food Club when needed: building up parcels with clients to their satisfaction
- Helping manage the shop floor: displaying goods, maintaining a high standard of quality in the shop’s presentation
- Signposting clients towards further support within Mustard Tree
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health, safety and safeguarding guidelines as well as Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree Values and represent the charity when required
- Attend team briefings
- Be happy to be relatively flexible in the role: supporting the shop team where necessary
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Experience of customer service, retail or food management||Desirable|
|Confident in or happy to build up their experience in mentoring, training and teaching||Desirable|
|Good English language ability, both written and verbal||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude||Essential|
|Encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Desirable|
|Experience of working in a team||Desirable|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
Our Ancoats site is open Monday – Saturday, with a typical volunteering day running from 8:30am until 2:30pm, with lunch included.
We would ask for a minimum commitment of one day a week, for ten weeks, as consistent as possible. We are happy to be flexible, and are always open to having conversations around availability.
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please submit an online Friend Of Mustard Tree application form.
If you have any queries, please call 0161 228 7331.