Can you help run Mustard Tree’s Community Shop in Ancoats, supporting our ‘welcome’ offer, interacting with and solving problems for a wide range of people?
Help run our Community Shop, Food Club and support the mentoring of Freedom Trainees.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Supporting the training of our retail Freedom Trainees, helping them improve their English, confidence, customer service skills and retail experience
- Welcoming, advising and being happy to chat with customers
- Working the till, handling money
- Organising stock, accepting & sorting donations
- Jumping in the Food Club when needed: building up parcels with clients to their satisfaction
- Helping manage the shop floor: displaying goods, maintaining a high standard of quality in the shop’s presentation
- Signposting clients towards further support within Mustard Tree
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health, safety and safeguarding guidelines as well as Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree Values and represent the charity when required
- Attend team briefings
- Be happy to be relatively flexible in the role: supporting the shop team where necessary
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Experience of customer service, retail or food management||Desirable|
|Confident in or happy to build up their experience in mentoring, training and teaching||Desirable|
|Good English language ability, both written and verbal||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude||Essential|
|Encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Desirable|
|Experience of working in a team||Desirable|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
Our Ancoats site is open Monday – Saturday, with a typical volunteering day running from 8:30am until 2:30pm, with lunch included.
We would ask for a minimum commitment of one day a week, for ten weeks, as consistent as possible. We are happy to be flexible, and are always open to having conversations around availability.
Alternatively, enquire on-site or call 0161 850 2282