Could you help by volunteering as a Driver, delivering food parcels to individuals and families across Greater Manchester?
Help facilitate the delivery and support the running of Mustard Tree’s emergency food parcel service.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Driving a Mustard Tree van, delivering food parcels to individuals and families across Greater Manchester
- Loading and unloading the van, working within manual handling guidelines
- Working with the warehouse, delivery and helpdesk teams to co-ordinate deliveries
- Supporting the warehouse team with accepting donations
- Assisting with calls to clients awaiting food deliveries
- Liaising with staff and volunteers
- Attending team briefings
General Volunteer Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree’s values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|A background in customer service, retail and logistics||Desirable|
|Experience with heavy lifting and manual handling||Desirable|
|Good English language ability, both written and verbal||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills, with a kind and non-judgemental approach||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude||Essential|
|Encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Desirable|
|Experience of working in a team||Desirable|
|You must have a clean driving licence and be over 25 years old with at least 3 years driving experience. This is for our insurance, meaning we can unfortunately only accept people who fit these criteria.||Essential|
We currently deliver food twice a week, on Tuesdays & Thursdays with a typical day delivering food running from 9:00am until 3:00pm.
We would ask for a minimum commitment of at least 10 weeks, as consistent as possible. We’re happy to be flexible, and are always open to having conversations around availability.
Alternatively, inquire in our Ancoats site or call 0161 850 2282