Can you help Mustard Tree combat food poverty by volunteering to support our kitchen team?
Foodies welcome – help us build up food parcels, support the kitchen team and Food Club, all whilst wearing a dashing chef uniform.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Building up food parcels to meet the needs of people we deliver too, accounting for taste, preference, dietary requirements and more
- Supporting the Food Club on-site, providing cover and helping restock it
- Helping the team in the kitchens; prepping, cooking and cleaning
- Helping manage food deliveries, I.E sorting orders from FairShare
- Supporting the mentoring, training and growth of the Freedom Trainees in the kitchen
- Chef’s uniform optional outside of training kitchen
General Volunteering Duties
- Working within health, safety and safeguarding guidelines as well as Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity in other areas when required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|A background in or passion for food, cooking and food management||Desirable|
|Experience with picking and packing, logistics||Desirable|
|Experience in customer service, managing orders||Desirable|
|Good English language ability, both written and verbal||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills, with a kind and non-judgemental approach||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude||Desirable|
|Encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Desirable|
|Experience of working in a team||Desirable|
|Experience working with people who are vulnerable||Desirable|
The minimum commitment for this volunteering opportunity is at least one day per week, with a typical day in the role running from 9:00am until 2:30pm.
We would ask for a minimum commitment of at least 10 weeks, as consistent as possible. We’re happy to be flexible, and attempt to work around your availability.
Alternatively, enquire in our Ancoats site or call 0161 850 2282