Can you volunteer on Mustard Tree’s Helpdesk, supporting our ‘welcome’ offer, interacting with and solving problems for a wide range of people?
Help Mustard Tree’s Helpdesk team meet demand, manage inquiries, and solve problems: volunteer on a helpdesk that was legitimately described as having “the best hold music ever”.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Being the point of contact for service users and interacting with them in a patient, compassionate manner
- Taking general inquiry calls, scheduling furniture donations and responding to email enquiries and referrals
- Working with our internal ‘Kudos’ management system to arrange food and furniture deliveries and donations
- Giving information to people or agencies wanting to use Mustard Tree services: explaining how we can help and how they can access our services
General Volunteering Duties
- Working within health, safety and safeguarding guidelines as well as Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity when required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|A background in customer service or administration||Desirable|
|Experience with answering phones, working computers and handling documents||Desirable|
|Good English language ability, both written and verbal||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills with a kind, none-judgemental approach||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude||Essential|
|Encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Desirable|
|Experience of working in a team||Desirable|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
The minimum commitment for this volunteering opportunity is at least one day per week, with a typical day on the helpdesk running from 9:00am until 3:00pm.
We would ask for a minimum commitment of at least 10 weeks, as consistent as possible. We’re happy to be flexible, and are always open to having conversations around availability.
Alternatively, inquire in our Ancoats site or call 0161 850 2282