Can you help run Mustard Tree’s Textiles Class and Art Drop-in, building skills and providing a space for growth?
Facilitate our Textiles Class, teaching practical skills and encouraging creativity and expression.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Leading structured hour-long workshops, focusing on textiles & upcycling
- Having an in-depth knowledge of textiles, being able to confidently answer questions and teach skills
- Hosting ‘drop in’ sessions afterwards, giving ah-hoc art support & advice around art
- Creating and contributing towards making the Art Suite an inclusive, accessible safe space
- Encouraging participation and helping build participant’s confidence, whilst understanding that not everyone will ‘jump right in’
- Working with staff and fellow volunteers to plan, set up and run the class, including submitting a ‘Class Proposal’
- Having a clear understanding of the aims and objectives of the club and work to achieve them
- Be available to support catwalks, gallery nights and other opportunities to highlight participants work
General Volunteering Duties
- Working within health, safety and safeguarding guidelines as well as Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity when required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|A background in & passion for textiles, upcycling and art||Essential|
|Experience with tutoring, teaching or leading/supporting a workshop||Essential|
|Good English language ability, both written and verbal||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude||Essential|
|Encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Desirable|
|Experience of working in a team||Desirable|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
The structed textiles class will run 12pm – 1pm on Mondays, with the ‘Art Drop-in’ running directly after, 1pm – 3pm.
We would ask for a minimum commitment of at least 10 consistent weeks, with the hope that the club becomes a permanent fixture.
Alternatively, enquire in our Ancoats site or call 0161 850 2282