Can you support Mustard Tree’s Art Club, helping people discover new talents, achieve creative goals, and reach their artistic potential within a supportive community?
Help run Mustard Tree’s Friday Art Club and Drop-in, encouraging growth and promoting self-expression.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Provide support to Freedom Project Volunteers and members of the public as they take part in the class
- Interact with people in a dignified, empathetic manner
- Encouraging participants to feel part of the community
- Aid the class lead facilitator in setting up and carrying out activities
- Work with the Volunteering Coordinator and the Creative Programmes Manager to deliver a comprehensive, encouraging experience
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the art suite during the session, helping keep Mustard Tree COVID secure
- Potentially support the exhibition of the participants work, once the course has concluded
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Experience of working in a team||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills, possessing empathy and patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Experience with tutoring, supporting, or leading a workshop||Desirable|
|A background in or passion for art, design & textiles||Desirable|
Our Art Club runs from 12pm – 1pm every Friday, with the art drop-in running from 1pm – 3pm, directly after.
There is scope to support either or both, depending on your availability.
Alternatively, enquire on site or call 0161 850 2282