Can you support Mustard Tree’s Art Club, helping people discover new talents, achieve creative goals, and reach their artistic potential within a supportive community?
Help run Mustard Tree’s Friday Art Club and Drop-in, encouraging growth and promoting self-expression.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Provide support to Freedom Project Volunteers and members of the public as they take part in the class
- Interact with people in a dignified, empathetic manner
- Encouraging participants to feel part of the community
- Aid the class lead facilitator in setting up and carrying out activities
- Work with the Volunteering Coordinator and the Creative Programmes Manager to deliver a comprehensive, encouraging experience
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the art suite during the session, helping keep Mustard Tree COVID secure
- Potentially support the exhibition of the participants work, once the course has concluded
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Experience of working in a team||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills, possessing empathy and patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Experience with tutoring, supporting, or leading a workshop||Desirable|
|A background in or passion for art, design & textiles||Desirable|
Our Art Club runs from 12pm – 1pm every Friday, with the art drop-in running from 1pm – 3pm, directly after.
There is scope to support either or both, depending on your availability.
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please submit an online Friend Of Mustard Tree application form.
If you have any queries, please call 0161 228 7331.