Job Description and Person Specification
We are looking to recruit a new Bid-Writing and Fundraising Officer to our high-performing fundraising team. If you are passionate about our mission, have strong written communication skills, and are looking to work in the fundraising sector we would love to hear from you.
|Job Title:||Bid-Writing and Fundraising Officer|
|Responsible To:||Communications and Fundraising Manager|
|Salary:||£19,312-£23,541 per annum depending on experience (equivalent to NJC payscale points 5 – 15)|
|Working Hours:||37.5 hours a week|
|Duration:||Initial 12 month contract with a view to go permanent.|
To support Mustard Tree’s portfolio of Trusts and Grants, through compelling bid writing and timely reporting, alongside prospect research for new opportunities. This will include supporting the current trusts and grants fundraising pipeline (approx. £300-400k), as well as creating up to five new applications per week.
What you will be doing: Job Description
- Working to build Trust and Grant income and will work with support from the Fundraising team, CEO and Head of Finance on larger bids and applications.
- Complete up to five high quality bids per week.
- Submit timely reports to trusts and other donors to meet their monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- Help to build and support long-term relationships with new and existing funding/grant making organisations.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to ensure service delivery teams are capturing the necessary outcomes for reporting requirements.
- Interpret, analyse and adapt information demonstrating how proposals meet funders’ requirements.
- Maintain the Trusts and Grants element of the database (ThankQ), using the CRM tool to manage and record activity
- Create monthly income forecasts and pipeline reports. Collate fundraising team KPIs to help inform business planning
General Work duties:
- Support people accessing our projects to develop ‘work ready’ skills and behaviours i.e. confidence, punctuality, time management, communication, teamwork and initiative
- Overseeing and working within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Supporting other staff and departments and providing practical relief cover for work-streams
- Leading by example, embodying Mustard Tree cultures and values and representing the charity with external partners
- Contribute towards being an environmentally responsible organisation as part of day-to-day activities including recycling and supporting ‘paper-lite’ practices
- Other tasks and duties relevant to the role as required by the organisation
What we are looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Effective communication and good interpersonal skills, including written||Essential|
|Flexible and enthusiastic approach, able to work on their own initiative as well as work cooperatively.||Essential|
|Kind and encouraging, and enjoys working with a diverse range of people||Essential|
|Personal accountability with a positive and proactive approach to problem solving||Essential|
|Degree, equivalent Post-16 qualification, OR two years bid writing experience||Essential|
|Strong organisation skills to manage deadlines, outcome reporting and new prospects simultaneously||Essential|
|Results-orientated and target driven||Essential|
|Good computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, and quick to learn new systems||Essential|
|Experience in using databases (Mustard Tree uses ThankQ)||Desirable|
|Understanding of the impact of homelessness, poverty and social exclusion||Desirable|
To apply please send your latest CV along with a two-page cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements specified in the job description and person specification, and why you would like to be considered for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 12pm, Monday 21st June with interviews taking place on the 24th and 25th of June.