Help break down digital barriers by supporting Mustard Tree’s IT course.
- Support the lead facilitator in setting up the IT suite.
- Provide advice, support, and guidance to participants during the 2 hour long structured class.
- Provide 1-2-1 support where necessary, working with participants through the class content.
- Possess a working knowledge of IT & computer skills I.E Office, social media, smartphones and be able to pass that knowledge on concisely.
- Contribute to a welcoming, inclusive environment, being happy to help.
- Encourage participation and help people to realise their own potential, without just ‘doing it for them’.
- Work through language barriers, improvising where necessary.
- Give feedback to the lead facilitator on successes and failures.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health, safety, and safeguarding guidelines as well as Mustard Tree policies and procedures.
- Embody Mustard Tree’s values and represent the charity when required (often never).
Our Computer Confidence course runs from 1:00pm until 3:00pm on Wednesday afternoons, so please be available from about 12:30pm until 3:30pm
Alternatively, enquire on site or call 0161 850 2282