Can you help facilitate Mustard Tree’s Job Club, supporting people as they build CVs, apply for jobs and prep for interviews?
Provide ad-hoc advice and guidance to participants, helping people gain skills and find work.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Support the lead facilitator in setting up and overseeing the sessions
- Give general recommendations and be happy to answer questions on a variety of ‘Job Club’ related topics such as career advice, budgeting and completing Universal Credit journals
- Provide extensive 1-2-1 support where necessary, potentially working with participants from before they have a CV through to prepping for their interviews
- Contribute to a welcoming, inclusive environment, being happy to help
- Encourage participation and help people to realise their own potential, without just ‘doing it for them’
- Work through language barriers, improvising where necessary
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health, safety and safeguarding guidelines as well as Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity when required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|A background in or passion for recruitment, CV writing, job applications and employability training||Essential|
|Experience with tutoring, teaching or leading/supporting a workshop||Essential|
|Good English language ability, both written and verbal||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills, championing empathy & patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude||Essential|
|Encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Desirable|
|Experience of working in a team||Desirable|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
Job Club runs on Monday and Friday mornings, 10am until 12pm. We would ask for a commitment of at least one morning a week, for a minimum of 10 weeks.
Alternatively, inquire on site or call 0161 850 2282