Can you help facilitate Mustard Tree’s Job Club, supporting people as they build CVs, apply for jobs and prep for interviews?
Provide ad-hoc advice, support and guidance to participants, helping people gain employability skills and find work.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Support the lead facilitator in setting up and overseeing the sessions.
- Give general recommendations and be happy to answer questions on a variety of ‘Job Club’ related topics such as career advice, budgeting and completing Universal Credit journals.
- Provide extensive 1-2-1 support where necessary, potentially working with participants from before they have a CV through to prepping for their interviews.
- Contribute to a welcoming, inclusive environment, being happy to help.
- Encourage participation and help people to realise their own potential, without just ‘doing it for them’.
- Work through language barriers, improvising where necessary.
- Research job opportunities alongside participants.
- Build up CVs alongside participants.
- Prep for interviews.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health, safety and safeguarding guidelines as well as Mustard Tree policies and procedures.
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity when required.
Job Club runs on Monday and Friday mornings, 10am until 12pm. We would ask for a commitment of at least one morning a week, for a minimum of 10 weeks. The greatest need now is on Fridays, if possible.
Alternatively, enquire on site or call 0161 850 2282.