Can you help facilitate Mustard Tree’s Job Club, supporting people as they build CVs, apply for jobs and prep for interviews?
Provide ad-hoc advice, support and guidance to participants, helping people gain employability skills and find work.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Support the lead facilitator in setting up and overseeing the sessions.
- Give general recommendations and be happy to answer questions on a variety of ‘Job Club’ related topics such as career advice, budgeting and completing Universal Credit journals.
- Provide extensive 1-2-1 support where necessary, potentially working with participants from before they have a CV through to prepping for their interviews.
- Contribute to a welcoming, inclusive environment, being happy to help.
- Encourage participation and help people to realise their own potential, without just ‘doing it for them’.
- Work through language barriers, improvising where necessary.
- Research job opportunities alongside participants.
- Build up CVs alongside participants.
- Prep for interviews.
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health, safety and safeguarding guidelines as well as Mustard Tree policies and procedures.
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity when required.
Job Club runs on Monday and Friday mornings, 10am until 12pm. We would ask for a commitment of at least one morning a week, for a minimum of 10 weeks. The greatest need now is on Fridays, if possible.
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please submit an online Friend Of Mustard Tree application form.
If you have any queries, please call 0161 228 7331.