Can you support Mustard Tree’s music and performance offer, helping people discover new talents, gain hobbies, have fun and express themselves within a supportive community?
Help run one of our music clubs such as Song Club, Open Mic Night or guitar lessons, encouraging growth and promoting self-expression.
What you’ll be doing: Role Description
- Provide support to Freedom Project Volunteers and members of the public as they take part in the class
- Interact with people in a dignified, empathetic manner
- Encouraging participants to feel part of the community
- Aid the class lead facilitator in setting up and carrying out activities
- Work with the Volunteering Coordinator and the Creative Programmes Manager to deliver a comprehensive, encouraging experience
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the music room during the session, helping keep Mustard Tree COVID secure
- Support or lead activities like Song Club, guitar lessons and more
- Potentially support the performing of the participants work, once the course has concluded, at events like Open Mic Night
- Be happy to be flexible as we accommodate COVID requirements, such as running classes online
General Volunteering Duties
- Work within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Embody Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required
What we’re looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good English language ability both in written and verbal form||Essential|
|Experience of working in a team||Essential|
|Good interpersonal skills, possessing empathy and patience||Essential|
|Flexible and can-do attitude – encouraging others to work to our vision and values||Essential|
|Experience working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Experience with tutoring, supporting, or leading a workshop||Desirable|
|A background in or passion for music & performance||Desirable|
Potential to support one (or more) of our various music, performance and instrument tutorial sessions across the week.
Hours: Various, relative to the class, club or activity you support. We’re happy to work with you to plan the sessions around your availability.
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please submit an online Friend Of Mustard Tree application form.
If you have any queries, please call 0161 228 7331.