Job Description and Person Specification
|Job Title:||Part-Time Driver Mentor x 2|
|Responsible To:||Logistics Team Leader|
|Salary:||£18,933 split between two part-time roles|
|Working Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
|Duration:||12 month contract with potential to go permanent|
Part of a team of Driver-Mentors, you will be working across three busy hubs of operation across Manchester and Salford. Helping to facilitate the operation of our community shops through deliveries, collections and working with the warehouse and retail teams. The role will see you interact with a wide range of people, including service users, trainees, volunteers and customers and in a variety of situations, from stock movement to charity promotion. Working closely with Freedom trainees and people using our services, this role also includes mentoring individuals on a 121 basis through providing a warm welcome, supportive conversations, signposting and befriending.
What you will be doing: Job Description
- Safely and securely manage movement of stock in the shop, within containers and in donor houses.
- Conduct stock transfers between stores.
- Conduct house clearances with a team of volunteers.
- Ensure effective and correct disposal of waste including proactively encouraging recycling and reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.
- Deliver and collect stock from customers and donors, driving a van on a daily basis and provide a high standard of customer service.
- Promote stock donations and Mustard Tree services through leafleting and community engagement.
- Ensure the security and safety of designated vehicles including appropriate maintenance with regular checks and services.
- Adhere to policy and procedures, ensuring health and safety practices are followed.
- Complete necessary paperwork and provide reports as required.
- Effectively manage and train volunteers, including on-the-job training and team building.
- Take responsibility for personal and professional development, attending meetings and training as required.
- Be well presented and courteous at all times.
- Uphold the reputation of the Mustard Tree by projecting a warm and welcoming attitude.
- Answer informal queries and provide information about Mustard Tree services
- Demonstrate an open and non-judgemental attitude whilst maintaining appropriate boundaries
General Work duties:
- Support volunteers to develop ‘work ready’ skills and behaviours i.e. confidence, punctuality, time management, communication, teamwork and initiative
- Overseeing and working within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Supporting other staff and sites, providing practical relief cover for work-streams
- Take responsibility for professional development, attending training courses as required
- Leading by example, embodying Mustard Tree cultures and values and representing the charity with external partners
- Contribute towards being an environmentally responsible organisation as part of day to day activities including recycling and supporting ‘paper-lite’ practices
- Other tasks and duties relevant to the role as required by the organisation
What we are looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Effective communication and good interpersonal skills||Essential|
|Kind and encouraging, and enjoys working with a diverse range of people||Essential|
|Enthusiastic and flexible approach||Essential|
|Full clean UK driving license, with ability to drive 3.5 tonne vehicle, held for a minimum of 2 years||Essential|
|Understanding of and commitment to working to health and safety regulations||Essential|
|Experience and good working knowledge of driving and basic vehicle maintenance||Essential|
|Effective organisation skills including scheduling and use of IT e.g. route planning||Essential|
|Good level of physical fitness to carry out duties of role including heavy lifting||Essential|
Awareness of professional boundaries and experience of managing difficult situations
|Experience and enthusiasm for training others||Desirable|
To apply please send your latest CV along with a two-page cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements specified in the job description and person specification, and why you would like to be considered for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 12pm on Thursday 30th June.