JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Job Title:||Caretaker / Facilities Assistant|
|Responsible To:||Facilities Manager|
|Location:||Ancoats, M4 6AG|
|Working Hours:||37.5 hours per week (rota based including evenings and Saturdays)|
|Duration:||Initial 12-month fixed-term contract|
Mustard Tree is a charity that helps people to learn new skills, find work, secure accommodation. Through our community shops we provide food and the resources needed to create a home. We offer warm, creative and aspirational spaces and opportunities for people to improve their lives.
To work with the facilities manager to implement a timetable of caretaking and cleaning duties and facilities work supported by volunteers/staff for the benefit of building users within agreed hours across all Mustard Tree sites.
What you will be doing: Job Description
- Supervise and support in line with the weekly rota, out-of-hours facilities activities, organising and communicating with different partners who are using the building, providing the Mustard Tree welcome.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas of the building including exterior in line with the daily sites cleaning schedules.
- Set up and take down meeting rooms for internal and external bookings in line with room booking forms.
- Replenish and replace all materials related to facilities as and when required, maintaining agreed stock levels.
- Ensuring the building is securely locked down and alarmed as keyholder.
- Identify, address, log and report any repairs needed to all areas of the building including exterior within the Facilities management system.
- Work with the Freedom Co-ordinators in supporting and building relationships with Freedom Volunteers and Friends of Mustard Tree.
- Provide inductions for partners, guests, staff, contractors and volunteers where required.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to create outcomes and reports on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain good Health and Safety policies and procedures applicable to your role.
- Be a fire marshall for Mustard Tree.
- Be on rota for emergency call out.
- Attend Mustard Tree compliance and statutory training as required.
- Attend weekly communication sessions and monthly 1 to 1 reviews with Facilities Manager.
General Work duties:
- Support volunteers and service users to develop ‘work ready’ skills and behaviours and feel part of the community.
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Supporting other staff teams and provide practical relief cover for work-streams
- Take responsibility for professional development.
- Leading by example, embodying Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required.
- Contribute towards being an environmentally responsible organisation as part of day-to-day activities including recycling and supporting ‘paper-lite’ practices.
- Other tasks and duties relevant to the role as required by the organisation
- Be flexible able to work Saturdays as required and agreed
What we are looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good interpersonal skills, including verbal communication skills.||Essential|
|Flexible and enthusiastic approach, able to work on their own initiative as well as work cooperatively.||Essential|
|Kind, encouraging and respectful, and enjoys working with a diverse range of people||Essential|
|Personal accountability with a positive and proactive approach to problem solving||Essential|
|Physically able to undertake all required duties including manual handling||Essential|
|Strong time management and administration skills, with the ability to multitask and work to deadlines||Essential|
|Willing to undertake personal development and team training||Essential|
|Working knowledge of health and safety, incident management and/or conflict resolution||Desirable|
|Experience of working with and/or supporting people, and experience of working with vulnerable adults||Desirable|
|Minimum 2 years’ experience in caretaking||Desirable|
To apply please send your latest CV along with a two-page cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements specified in the job description and person specification, and why you would like to be considered for the role to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 12pm on Monday 26th July.