JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Job Title:||Trusts and Grants Manager|
|Responsible To:||Communications and Fundraising Manager|
|Salary:||£26,000-£32,000 depending on experience|
|Working Hours:||37.5 hours a week|
|Duration:||Initial 12 month contract with a view to go permanent.|
Mustard Tree is a charity that helps people to learn new skills, find work, secure accommodation. Through our community shops we provide food and the resources needed to create a home. We offer warm, creative and aspirational spaces and opportunities for people to improve their lives.
To manage Mustard Tree’s significant portfolio of Trusts and Grants, through compelling bid writing and timely reporting, alongside prospecting for new funding opportunities. This will include managing and developing the trusts and grants fundraising pipeline, stakeholder management and timely reporting.
What you will be doing: Job Description
- Responsible for all Trust and Grant income, working collaboratively with the CEO on this as required.
- Develop compelling cases for support, writing tailored applications for submission to trusts and other funding bodies.
- Complete a minimum agreed number of high quality bids per week supporting financial targets.
- Submit timely reports to trusts and other donors to meet their monitoring and evaluation requirements,
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with new and existing funding/grant making organisations.
- Work closely with all service delivery teams to ensure they are capturing the necessary outcomes for reporting requirements
- Interpret, analyse and adapt highly complex information demonstrating how proposals meet funders’ requirements
- Prospect potential funders in order to increase the portfolio of the trust and grants fundraising pipeline
- Maintain and develop the Trusts and Grants element of the database (ThankQ), using the CRM tool to manage and record activity
- Create monthly income forecasts and pipeline reports. Collate fundraising team KPIs to help inform business planning
- Work closely with service-delivery teams on an ongoing basis to inform and strengthen applications
- Contribute to ongoing analysis of charity’s monitoring and evaluation tools
General Work duties:
- Support people accessing our projects to develop ‘work ready’ skills and behaviours i.e. confidence, punctuality, time management, communication, teamwork and initiative
- Overseeing and working within health and safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Supporting other staff and departments and providing practical relief cover for work-streams
- Take responsibility for professional development, attending training courses as required
- Leading by example, embodying Mustard Tree cultures and values and representing the charity with external partners
- Contribute towards being an environmentally responsible organisation as part of day-to-day activities including recycling and supporting ‘paper-lite’ practices
- Other tasks and duties relevant to the role as required by the organisation
What we are looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication skills.||Essential|
|Flexible and enthusiastic approach, able to work on their own initiative as well as work cooperatively.||Essential|
|Kind, encouraging and respectful, and enjoys working with a diverse range of people||Essential|
|Personal accountability with a positive and proactive approach to problem solving||Essential|
|Degree or equivalent Post-16 qualification,||Essential|
|Proven experience in writing funding applications||Essential|
|Results-oriented with a proven track record of securing high-value funds from charitable trusts/foundations through bid writing (ranging between £10k to £100k)||Essential|
|Excellent initiative and organisation skills to manage deadlines, outcome reporting and new prospects simultaneously||Essential|
|Good computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, and quick to learn new systems||Essential|
|Experience in using databases (Mustard Tree use ThankQ)||Desirable|
|Understanding of the impact of homelessness, poverty and social exclusion||Desirable|
To apply please send your latest CV along with a two-page cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements outlined in the person specification, and why you would like to be considered for the role to email@example.com.