|Job Title:||Food stock Assistant|
|Responsible to:||Food Manager|
|Salary:||£18,000 – £19,400 (depending on experience)|
|Duration:||12-month fixed-term contract with training|
We work to help people in need to learn new skills, find work, secure accommodation as well as providing the resources needed to create a home.
At Mustard Tree we believe everyone should be able to feed themselves and their family, live in a secure home, be healthy, find meaningful work and have the chance to discover their talents.
We create opportunities for people to help themselves through providing practical support, friendship, connections into work and improvements to health and wellbeing, alongside new experiences to encourage aspiration. Our focus is on tackling both the causes and consequences of poverty and homelessness
Working with the Food Manager and Deputy Chef, this role is responsible for stock control and safety checks and assisting with the food operations across the Mustard Tree sites. Role would suit someone passionate about food waste and environmental sustainability while Helping to maintain food safety and hygiene standards and helping to ensure we meet health and safety requirements. Training and supporting volunteers and Freedom trainees across the Food operations in all Mustard Tree sites.
What you will be doing: Job Description
To support the Food Manager with the development and delivery of the food club offer across all Mustard Tree sites
- Follow ‘Safer Food, Better Business’ procedures, including day dotting, cleaning and closing down procedures.
- Work inline with current Health and Safety legislation and Food Hygiene legislation
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is stored correctly and accessibly.
- To work cooperatively with food suppliers i.e. Fareshare regarding the food club stock and keeping wastage to zero.
- To manage food waste and dispose appropriately out of date foodstuffs.
- To ensure stock takes, stock rotations and use by dates are carried out.
- To maintain all equipment in the food club.
- To help mentor our Freedom trainees in support of the welcome and food service operations, including implementation of training manuals.
General Work duties:
- Support volunteers to develop ‘work ready’ skills and behaviours i.e. confidence, punctuality, time management, communication, teamwork and initiative
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Supporting other staff and departments and provide practical relief cover for work-streams
- Take responsibility for professional development, attending training courses as required
- Leading by example, embodying Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required
- Contribute towards being an environmentally responsible organisation as part of day to day activities including recycling and supporting ‘paper-lite’ practices
- Other tasks and duties relevant to the role as required by the organisation.
What we are looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Good interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication skills.
|Flexible and enthusiastic approach, able to work on their own initiative as well as work cooperatively.
|Kind, encouraging and respectful, and enjoys working with a diverse range of people
|Personal accountability with a positive and proactive approach to problem solving||Essential|
|NVQ Professional Cookery Qualification levels 1-3||Desirable|
|CIEH Intermediate Certificate in Food Safety or equivalent, and a working knowledge of health and safety regulations||Desirable|
|Experience of managing stock and organising safe food storage||Desirable|
Experience of training, delegating and lead a team
|Basic IT skills and good administration including Microsoft Word and Outlook.||Desirable|
|Experience in managing difficult situations and in professional boundaries||Desirable|
How to apply
Closing Date: 12pm Monday 20th September 2021
Interviews: Thursday 23rd / Friday 24th 2021
To apply please send your latest CV along with a two-page cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements specified in the job description and person specification, and why you would like to be considered for the role to email@example.com.