JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Job Title:||Freedom Project Coordinator|
|Responsible To:||Services Team Leader|
|Salary:||£21,000 – £23,000 depending on experience|
|Working Hours:||37.5 hours a week|
Mustard Tree is a charity that helps people to learn new skills, find work, secure accommodation. Through our community shops we provide food and the resources needed to create a home. We offer warm, creative, and aspirational spaces and opportunities for people to improve their lives.
Working directly with our Freedom Trainees and Mustard Tree clients. This role ranges from assisting with reactive crisis support of people who walk-in as well as referrals from other agencies. This role supports our regular clients including those who may be at risk of homelessness, as well as those on low/no income. This also includes providing more structured support for people training on our Freedom Project as they work towards their own goals. Maintaining a high standard of face-to-face support and guidance, this role will represent the values of the charity both internally and externally, leading by example and contributing to the overall development of the service.
This role requires passion for our mission, commitment to our values, adaptability to embrace change and team-work – all 4 of these attributes. An essential requirement is a willingness to work across both our Salford sites (Eccles Little Hulton) as agreed.
- Work to an evidence-informed model of support including Motivational Interviewing through training, external supervision, and peer support
- Provide advice and emergency support to people coming into our Community shops including those who may be sleeping rough
- Manage referral appointments for emergency support in line with the processes and procedures
- Manage conflict by maintaining a calm and kind approach when dealing with difficult situations.
- Maintain clear communication within all teams of the charity and external partners
- Coordinate referrals into Mustard Tree and liaise with external agencies and colleagues to provide pathways into the Freedom Project
- Establish pathways for our clients into financial support, employment, education, and training.
- Conduct initial meetings and enrol Freedom trainees onto the project including risk assessments
- Working with the team to develop and deliver the induction process of new Freedom trainees
- Manage a caseload, schedule your own diary, and deliver up to 50 x 121 sessions
- Support drop-in and group activities within the structured Creative programme
- Report using outcome measures and tools at structured 121 sessions as well as writing case studies, inputting into database and reports as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local employers and job centres, encouraging their support of the Freedom Project through placements and training
- Contribute to safeguarding and risk management using incident and safeguarding forms, attending annual training and escalate concerns to the management
- Ensure effective discharges including person-centred Progression Plans, informed and helpful feedback/references and monitoring next steps as Freedom graduates leave the programme
- Attend training, research, and keep up to date with relevant legislation and local provision of statutory services including housing, mental health, domestic violence, benefits and budgeting
- Establish and maintain working relationships and pathways with local statutory agencies, charities, and other 3rd sector organisations.
General Work duties:
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Supporting other staff and departments and providing practical relief cover for work-streams
- Take responsibility and accountability for professional development, attending training courses as required
- Leading by example, embodying Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required
- Contribute towards being an environmentally responsible organisation as part of day-to-day activities including recycling and supporting ‘paper-lite’ practices
- Other tasks and duties relevant to the role as required by the organisation
Personal and Professional Development:
- To participate in regular professional line management, annual performance review and attendance at team meetings.
- To be responsible for own personal and professional development, to actively participate in identifying training needs and to be willing to undertake training where a need has been identified and agreed with the line manager, to ensure that an effective service is provided.
- To maintain knowledge and keep abreast of change in policy, practice and relevant legislation and inform the Manager of these changes.
- To be able to work outside normal shift patterns as required to cover staff holidays/sickness
- The post will normally be located at Salford (Eccles & Little Hulton), however, the post holder may be required to cover colleagues at other Mustard Tree sites in Manchester (Ancoats).
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Services Manager that may reasonably fall within the scope of the post.
What we are looking for: Person Specification
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Ability to proactively listen and use effective support techniques.||Essential|
|Adaptable, willing to travel across Salford sites (Eccles & Little Hulton) and able to work well with a diverse range of people||Essential|
|Calm under pressure and proactively manages own resilience and wellbeing||Essential|
|Excellent communicator including welcoming approach, confident verbal presentation, and good written skills||Essential|
|2 years’ frontline experience in supporting people and knowledge of supporting vulnerable adults||Essential|
|Experience of delivering a person-centred approach and empowering others to set goals||Essential|
|Effective time management, diary planning and organisation skills||Essential|
|Ability to use initiative and work independently, as well as be a strong team player||Essential|
|IT literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel, and good administration skills||Essential|
|Understanding of health and safety regulations, safeguarding and incident management||Essential|
|A Levels or equivalent academic level||Desirable|
|Ability to speak other languages especially Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Spanish, French, Polish, Russian, Tigrinya||Desirable|
Competency – Role Specific
Requirements of Competency
|Technical Expertise – The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in an expertise area.||· Effectively applies experience, knowledge and understanding to solve a range of problems.
· Possesses an in-depth knowledge and skill in a job specific area.
· Develops value driven solutions to new or highly complex problems that may not be solved using existing methods or approaches.
· Is sought out as an expert to provide advice or solution in their job specific area.
· Keeps informed about cutting-edge developments and skills in the job specific area.
|Self-Confidence – Faith in one’s own ideas and capability to be successful, willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition||· Is confident of own ability to accomplish goals.
· Presents self-crisply and impressively.
· Is willing to speak up to the right person or group at the right time, when they disagree with a decision or strategy.
· Approaches challenging tasks with a “can do” attitude
|Personal Credibility – Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy||· Does what they commit to doing.
· Respects the confidentiality of information or concern shared by others.
· Is honest and forthright with people.
· Carries their fair share of the workload.
· Takes responsibility for own mistakes, does not blame others.
· Conveys a command of the relevant facts and information
|Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things, willingness to modify ones preferred way of doing things||· Can see the merits of perspectives other than their own.
· Demonstrates openness to new and existing organisational structures, procedures, and value.
· Switches to a different strategy when an initially selected one is unsuccessful.
· Demonstrates willingness to modify a strongly held position in the face of contrary evidence
Competency – Company Wide
Requirements of Competency
|Approachability – the ability to maintain and develop an approachable demeanour||· Listens and responds constructively to other team members ideas.
· Offers support for others’ ideas and proposals.
· Is open with other team members about his/her concerns.
· Expresses disagreement constructively by emphasising points of agreement, suggesting alternatives that may be acceptable
· Reinforces team members for their contributions.
· Gives honest and constructive feedback to other team members.
· Aids others where they need it.
· Works for solutions that all team members can support.
· Shares his/her expertise with others.
· Seeks opportunities to work with teams to develop experience and knowledge.
· Aids, information, or other support to others to build or maintain relationships with team
|Providing Motivational Support – The ability to enhance others commitment to their work||· Recognises and rewards people for their achievements.
· Acknowledges and thanks people for their contributions.
· Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Finds creative ways to make people’s work rewarding.
· Signals own commitment to a process by being personally present and involved at key events.
· Identifies and promptly tackles morale problems.
· Gives talks or presentations that energise groups.
|Persuasive Communication – The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences||· Identifies and presents information or data that will have a strong effect on others.
· Selects languages and examples tailored to the level and experience of the audience.
· Select stories, analogies, or examples to illustrate a point.
· Creates graphics, overheads, or slides that display information clearly and with high impact.
· Presents several different arguments in support of a position.
|Customer Orientation – The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying ones external and/or internal customers||· Quickly and effectively solves customer/client problems.
· Talks to customers (Internal and external) to find out what they want and how satisfied they are with what they are getting.
· Let’s customers know they are willing to work with them to meet their needs.
· Finds ways to measure and track customer/client satisfaction.
· Presents a cheerful, positive manner with customers/client
|Stress Management – The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation||· Remains calm under stress.
· Can effectively handle several problems or tasks at once.
· Controls responses when criticised, attacked, or provoked.
· Maintains a sense of professionalism under difficult circumstances
|Decisiveness – The ability to make difficult decision in a timely manner||· Is willing to make decisions in difficult or ambiguous situations when time is critical.
· Takes charge of a group when it is necessary to facilitate change, overcome an impasse, face issues, or ensure that decisions are made.
· Makes tough decisions
The deadline for applications is Friday 3rd May. The application process is to send your CV to email@example.com.