JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Job Title:||Tenancy Sustainment Support Coordinator (TSS)|
|Responsible To:||Services Manager|
|Salary:||£21,000 – £23,000 depending on experience|
|Working Hours:||37.5 hours a week|
Mustard Tree is a charity that helps people to learn new skills, find work, secure accommodation. Through our community shops we provide food and the resources needed to create a home. We offer warm, creative, and aspirational spaces and opportunities for people to improve their lives.
Working directly with our ForHousing/Tenancy Sustainment Support clients (TSS). To provide an effective customer focused tenancy support service through strong partnership working and delivering a range of pro-active solutions. Assisting with the overall welfare of the tenants in ensuring engagement with services within the service their local community. To assist clients to move towards greater levels of community integration and enhanced independent living. Maintaining a high standard of face-to-face support and guidance, this role will represent the values of the charity both internally and externally, leading by example and contributing to the overall development of the service.
This role requires passion for our mission, commitment to our values, adaptability to embrace change and team-work – all 4 are key attributes. An essential requirement is a willingness to work across both our Salford sites (Eccles Little Hulton), including outreach work in the community, and occasionally Manchester.
- Work to an evidence-base informed model of support including Motivational Interviewing through training, external supervision, and peer support
- To provide a customer focused tenancy support service to referred TSS tenants (within the community as well as their homes) to enable them to maintain their tenancies and live independently within their homes.
- To undertake key housing management support to tenants, including overall tenancy management skills
- Managing a minimum of 15 caseload at any given time
- Report using outcome measures and tools at structured 121 sessions as well as writing case studies, inputting into database and reports as required
- Undertaking health and safety risk assessment of referred tenants within the Mustard Tree-TSS partnership.
- To plan budgets with tenants to ensure rent is prioritised and reduce risk to loss of accommodation.
- To provide housing management support aimed at reducing the risk of loss of accommodation by tenants.
- To advise prospective tenants on their housing rights and responsibilities and be fully conversant with the detail of occupancy agreements.
- To promote effective communication between Mustard Tree and TSS team including other teams within ForHousing (Income and Neighbourhood teams) and encourage opportunities for tenants’ participation in community development and the formation of residents’ associations/working groups, forums, etc.
- To work with TSS and Neighbourhood teams around property maintenance to agree work priorities and to check the work upon completion.
- To manage complaints relating to their tenancies from referred tenants and other community members.
- To contribute to the review and implementation of policy and procedures, liaising with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure tenants’ support needs are met.
- To ensure the provision of appropriate support to residents on income maximisation and benefit entitlement.
- To provide effective support and assistance on financial inclusion issues in line with current legislation, case law and best practice.
- To liaise with other agencies such as the Benefits Agency, Utility providers, and where appropriate, assist with and attend reviews and appeal hearings.
- To develop and implement a broad range of pro-active solutions to help sustain tenancies, identifying areas of preventative work, including evictions
- To liaise with management regarding all housing management related issues and to co-ordinate the day-today management of tenancy sustainment.
- To liaise regularly with the TSS Manager, other tenancy support workers and other relevant ForHousing teams (Income and Neighbourhood).
- To ensure tenants’ confidentiality whilst maintaining accurate client case notes, files, documentation and make this information readily available for regular review.
- To develop the knowledge and ability to work within the statutory framework relevant to the client group.
- To implement and adhere to Mustard Tree Lone Working policies and procedures.
- To ensure the structure, principles, ethos, and values of the organisation are adhered to.
- To work and adhere to Mustard Tree Health and Safety policies relating to Service Users and general public
- To work within established definitions of acceptable and unacceptable risks in carrying out risk assessments participating in risk management & Safeguarding meetings and training in accordance with Mustard Tree policies.
- To operate within clear professional and confidentiality boundaries and to work within Mustard Trees’ code of conduct.
- To incorporate Equal Opportunities policy and anti-discriminatory practice in all areas of work.
- To undertake additional work responsibilities to support colleagues and operational teams when required
Personal and Professional Development:
- To participate in regular professional line management, annual performance review and attendance at team meetings.
- To be responsible for own personal and professional development, to actively participate in identifying training needs and to be willing to undertake training where a need has been identified and agreed with the line manager, to ensure that an effective service is provided.
- To maintain knowledge and keep abreast of change in policy, practice and relevant legislation and inform the Manager of these changes.
- To be able to work outside normal shift patterns as required to cover staff holidays/sickness
- The post will normally be located at Salford (Eccles & Little Hulton), however, the post holder may be required to cover colleagues at other Mustard Tree sites in Manchester (Ancoats).
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Services Manager that may reasonably fall within the scope of the post.
What we are looking for: Person Specification:
|Specification||Essential / Desirable|
|Ability to proactively listen and use effective support techniques.||Essential|
|Adaptable, willing to travel across Salford sites (Eccles & Little Hulton) and able to work well with a diverse range of people||Essential|
|Calm under pressure and proactively manages own resilience and wellbeing||Essential|
|Excellent communicator including welcoming approach, confident verbal presentation, and good written skills||Essential|
|2 years’ frontline experience in supporting people and knowledge of supporting vulnerable adults||Essential|
|Experience of delivering a person-centred approach and empowering others to set goals||Essential|
|Effective time management, diary planning and organisation skills||Essential|
|Ability to use initiative and work independently, as well as be a strong team player||Essential|
|IT literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel, and good administration skills||Essential|
|Understanding of health and safety regulations, safeguarding and incident management||Essential|
|Full UK Drivers’ Licence||Essential|
|A Levels or equivalent academic level||Desirable|
|Ability to speak other languages especially Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Spanish, French, Polish, Russian, Tigrinya||Desirable|
Competency – Role Specific
Requirements of Competency
|Technical Expertise – The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in an expertise area.||· Effectively applies experience, knowledge and understanding to solve a range of problems.
· Possesses an in-depth knowledge and skill in a job specific area.
· Develops value driven solutions to new or highly complex problems that may not be solved using existing methods or approaches.
· Is sought out as an expert to provide advice or solution in their job specific area.
· Keeps informed about cutting-edge developments and skills in the job specific area.
|Self-Confidence – Faith in one’s own ideas and capability to be successful, willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition||· Is confident of own ability to accomplish goals.
· Presents self-crisply and impressively.
· Is willing to speak up to the right person or group at the right time, when they disagree with a decision or strategy.
· Approaches challenging tasks with a “can do” attitude
|Personal Credibility – Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy||· Does what they commit to doing.
· Respects the confidentiality of information or concern shared by others.
· Is honest and forthright with people.
· Carries their fair share of the workload.
· Takes responsibility for own mistakes, does not blame others.
· Conveys a command of the relevant facts and information
|Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things, willingness to modify ones preferred way of doing things||· Can see the merits of perspectives other than their own.
· Demonstrates openness to new and existing organisational structures, procedures, and value.
· Switches to a different strategy when an initially selected one is unsuccessful.
· Demonstrates willingness to modify a strongly held position in the face of contrary evidence
Competency – Company Wide
Requirements of Competency
|Approachability – the ability to maintain and develop an approachable demeanour||· Listens and responds constructively to other team members ideas.
· Offers support for others’ ideas and proposals.
· Is open with other team members about his/her concerns.
· Expresses disagreement constructively by emphasising points of agreement, suggesting alternatives that may be acceptable
· Reinforces team members for their contributions.
· Gives honest and constructive feedback to other team members.
· Aids others where they need it.
· Works for solutions that all team members can support.
· Shares his/her expertise with others.
· Seeks opportunities to work with teams to develop experience and knowledge.
· Aids, information, or other support to others to build or maintain relationships with team
|Providing Motivational Support – The ability to enhance others commitment to their work||· Recognises and rewards people for their achievements.
· Acknowledges and thanks people for their contributions.
· Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Finds creative ways to make people’s work rewarding.
· Signals own commitment to a process by being personally present and involved at key events.
· Identifies and promptly tackles morale problems.
· Gives talks or presentations that energise groups.
|Persuasive Communication – The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences||· Identifies and presents information or data that will have a strong effect on others.
· Selects languages and examples tailored to the level and experience of the audience.
· Select stories, analogies, or examples to illustrate a point.
· Creates graphics, overheads, or slides that display information clearly and with high impact.
· Presents several different arguments in support of a position.
|Customer Orientation – The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying ones external and/or internal customers||· Quickly and effectively solves customer/client problems.
· Talks to customers (Internal and external) to find out what they want and how satisfied they are with what they are getting.
· Let’s customers know they are willing to work with them to meet their needs.
· Finds ways to measure and track customer/client satisfaction.
· Presents a cheerful, positive manner with customers/client
|Stress Management – The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation||· Remains calm under stress.
· Can effectively handle several problems or tasks at once.
· Controls responses when criticised, attacked, or provoked.
· Maintains a sense of professionalism under difficult circumstances
|Decisiveness – The ability to make difficult decision in a timely manner||· Is willing to make decisions in difficult or ambiguous situations when time is critical.
· Takes charge of a group when it is necessary to facilitate change, overcome an impasse, face issues, or ensure that decisions are made.
· Makes tough decisions