Summer Kitchen Volunteer
Can you help deliver Mustard Tree’s warm welcome, by assisting our Chef and trainees to prepare and serve meals? Do love to cook and help others? You could be providing one of Mustard Tree’s most important services!
Our Training Kitchen gives people facing barriers to employment and well-being the opportunity to gain new skills, qualifications and improve their confidence.
- Help prepare and serve meals for clients, service users and volunteers
- Provide support for Mustard Tree Trainees throughout the day.
- Assist the Chef with the running of the kitchen, including restocking and cleaning down after service
What we’re looking for:
- Good communication skills
- A kind, patient, and non-judgemental attitude
- A love of chatting to and meeting new people
- A willingness to get stuck in and take on new tasks
- Someone who’d like to make a difference and help provide an essential service
- Experience working with vulnerable people would be a bonus, but not necessary
- We are looking for people with a mix of experience, those with kitchen experience, and those without!
What you can get from the opportunity:
- We will provide you with a level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate, if you don’t already have one
- Experience in a training kitchen, learning to prepare and make meals
- To become a part of the Mustard Tree community and learn about the work that we do
- As a kitchen volunteer, you’ll be helping to create the warm Mustard Tree welcome and sense of community that makes the charity so special
We are currently looking for somebody to volunteer once or twice per week.
This role operates Monday – Friday – 9.00am – 3.00pm.
If you would like to apply, please complete the Mustard Tree Volunteering Application Form, and return it to email@example.com