Community Shop & Food Club Volunteer / Little Hulton
Can you help by assisting with the running of Mustard Tree’s community shop in Little Hulton? As a Community Shop Volunteer, you’ll be helping to create the warm Mustard Tree welcome and sense of community that makes the charity so special.
- Supporting the running of the Food Club, building up food parcels with clients
- Welcoming, advising, and being happy to chat with customers
- Operating the till, handling money
- Supporting the training of Freedom Project* trainees, helping them improve their English, confidence, customer service skills and retail experience
- Organising stock, accepting & sorting donations
- Helping manage the shop floor: displaying goods, maintaining a high standard of quality in the shop’s presentation
- Signposting clients towards further support within Mustard Tree
- Attending team briefings
* The Freedom Project is a life skills and employability programme aimed at those who have had additional barriers to moving on in life, such as homelessness and poverty.
What we’re looking for:
- Work within health, safety, and safeguarding guidelines as well as Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Flexible & can-do attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Embody Mustard Tree Values and represent the charity when required
- Be happy to be relatively flexible in the role, supporting the shop team where necessary
We are currently looking for somebody to volunteer either once or twice per week, 9.00am – 2.30pm. If you are interested, click here and fill in the enquiry form, stating you are interested in the Community Shop & Food Club / Little Hulton Volunteer role.