Can you help by volunteering as a Driver’s Mate, supporting the delivery of furniture to individuals and families across Greater Manchester?
- Supporting our driving team with collecting donations and making deliveries of furniture and white goods
- Loading and unloading the van, working within manual handling guidelines
- Working with the warehouse, retail, and helpdesk team to coordinate deliveries and collections
- Supporting the warehouse team with accepting onsite donations
- Assisting with calls to clients awaiting deliveries and collections
- Working alongside the Drivers and Driver Mentors, map reading, route planning and providing general support
- Liaising with staff and volunteers
- Attending team briefings
As a Drivers Mate, you’ll be helping to create the warm Mustard Tree welcome and sense of community that makes the charity so special.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with heavy lifting and manual handling
- Good communication skills
- A kind, patient, and non-judgemental attitude
- A love of chatting to and meeting new people
- A willingness to get stuck in and take on new tasks
- Someone who’d like to make a difference and help provide an essential service
- Flexible and can-do attitude
We are currently looking for somebody to volunteer either once or twice per week, 9.00am – 3.00pm. If you are interested, click here and fill in the enquiry form, stating you are interested in the Drivers Mate Volunteer role.