The Help Desk is an integral part of the everyday running of Mustard Tree, and the first point of contact for the charity. The Help Desk receives a wide variety of calls and emails each day, ranging from support queries, furniture donation enquiries and partnership/fundraising requests.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, patient, and non-judgemental individuals, who are confident answering phone calls, using computers and enjoy being part of a team in a dynamic environment, where no two volunteering days are the same!
- Assisting the Help Desk Coordinator, delivering the Mustard Tree warm welcome through phone and email
- Coordinating with the Warehouse Team, organising furniture deliveries and collections
- Answering general queries about the charity and the services we provide
- Signposting and triaging support calls
We’re looking for:
- Someone who is computer literate, confident using Outlook and comfortable learning to use new software.
- Great communication skills, including confidence answering phone calls, and the ability to listen to others.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Someone who is kind, patient and non-judgmental
- Knowledge of poverty and homelessness/experience volunteering with vulnerable people would be great but is not essential!
We are looking for somebody to volunteer one day per week, Monday – Friday. Volunteering shifts run from 9am – 3pm.
If you would like to apply, please complete the Mustard Tree Volunteering Application Form, and return it to email@example.com