Art Session Facilitator
Can you support Mustard Tree’s Art Session, helping people discover new talents, achieve creative goals, and reach their artistic potential within a supportive community?
The purpose of class is to help clients overcome social isolation, meet new friends, find community, whilst exploring different forms of artistic expression. If you’re passionate about art, would like to make a big difference and be part of a unique community, we’d love to hear from you! You will be volunteering as part of a team, with the support of Mustard Tree staff.
A typical Mustard Tree Art session is all about ensuring the class is a warm, calm, and inviting environment where everyone feels welcome.
General Tasks include:
- Provide support to participants as they take part in the class.
- Interact with learners in a dignified, empathetic manner whilst encouraging them to feel part of the community.
- Supporting the setting up of the session.
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the art suite, working within the Mustard Tree health and safety procedures.
- Supporting the running of the creative showcases that run throughout the year to exhibit client work.
- Tidying up and putting away materials/equipment at the end of session.
We’re looking for:
- Somebody to either lead or support the running of the session, depending on experience.
- Somebody with a good knowledge of different art forms.
- A kind and non-judgemental person.
- Great communication skills, and the ability to listen to others.
- Good presentation skills.
- Knowledge of poverty and homelessness/experience volunteering with people who are vulnerable would be great but is not essential!
This role is based at our Ancoats hub and we are looking for somebody to volunteer on Fridays, from 1pm – 3pm
Address: 110 Oldham Road, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6AG
We provide travel expenses and lunch freshly prepared on site by Mustard Tree’s training kitchen.
If you would like to apply, please follow the below link to our timecounts page, create an account and complete the volunteering application form, stating that you are interested in the Art Session Facilitator role.