Creative Writing Facilitator
Mustard Tree is looking for somebody who is passionate about inspiring others to help facilitate our Creative Writing Class!
We’re searching for individuals that can inspire the creative flair of Mustard Tree’s learners; whilst planning and leading sessions focused on different mediums of creative writing. We are looking for individuals who are patient, warm and non-judgemental. You will be volunteering as part of a team, with the support of Mustard Tree staff.
The purpose of class is to help clients overcome social isolation, meet new friends, find community, and learn about different forms of creative writing. If you’re passionate about fictional writing, would like to make a big difference and be part of a unique community, we’d love to hear from you!
A typical Mustard Tree creative writing class is all about ensuring the class is a warm, calm, and inviting environment where everyone feels welcome.
General Tasks include:
- Helping plan the session, deciding on a form of writing, structure and theme of the session.
- Inspiring conversation around form of writing, leading on tasks and taking part to encourage engagement.
- Facilitating the reading of learners writing to the group in a warm non-judgemental way.
- Tidying up and putting away materials/equipment at the end of session.
We’re looking for:
- Somebody to either lead or support the leading of the session, depending on experience.
- Good knowledge of creative writing including short stories, poetry, fiction writing, and creative non-fiction.
- A kind and non-judgemental person.
- Great communication skills, and the ability to listen to others.
- Good presentation skills
- Knowledge of poverty and homelessness/experience volunteering with people who are vulnerable would be great but is not essential!
We provide travel expenses & lunch, freshly prepared on site by Mustard Tree’s training kitchen.
This role is based at our Ancoats hub and we are looking for somebody to volunteer on Thursdays, from 1pm – 2.30pm.
Address: 110 Oldham Road, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6AG
If you would like to apply, please follow the below link to our timecounts page, create an account and complete the volunteering application form, stating that you are interested in the Creative Writing Facilitator role –